What a great idea, create a blog for our family gap year?!!? It feels right and wrong in so many ways:
- It reinforces the memories
- Ben and Zoe will practice writing
- We can stay in touch with family and friends
- Others planning a family gap year might be inspired (or just read about our mistakes and stay at home watching Hollyoaks which is undoubtedly safer)
- Something to do on long journeys
- Writing is fun
- Aren’t we wanting to just get away from it all, away from technology, constant contact, Blackberries in bed etc.
- Isn’t it private?
- What if we write something that offends?
- The boss will read it and think ******! (OK we don’t currently have bosses but might one day)
- We might come across as smug sitting on a beach somewhere while you are on the 0655 from Brighton to London, standing room only looking forward to your appraisal?
Actually this is all an afterthought and a bit like our trip we just decided it seemed like a good idea and made it happen. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
If you manage to find our blog and read this far, well done, you might be one of a kind! Please add comments and keep us company in cyberspace.