And the winner is…
A few weeks into our family gap year she has managed to break:
- A shelf climbing on it
- A toilet seat by jumping off it
- An iPad by dropping it off the bed – luckily just a small crack on the edge of the screen and still usable
Dad managed to fix everything apart from the iPad with a spoon and swiss army knife.
She has also had a few scrapes:
- Splatting off the monkey bars in the playground at our apartment, scratching her face on the ‘safety’ astroturf and getting a black eye.
- Ben knocked her over in the Jardim Botanico and she scraped her elbow
- In our second apartment she fell down the bunk bed steps and hurt her knee
Luckily social services haven’t followed us to Rio but there is some photo evidence:
The good news is that she heals fast and hasn’t lost her nerve on the monkey bars! As you can see from this video:
UPDATE – I am finishing this holding an icepack to her head after she fell over while playing chase with Ben and hit her head on the wall!
UPDATE 2 – I had better post this quick as Zoe is catching up fast. She fell over and got a hole in her knee on a jungle trek and got a big scrape on her toe.
UPDATE 3 – Ben is also in competition after falling off the top bunk at 3AM. He has a lovely bruise on his hip, really black and blue and the surprise awakening induced some spectacular sound effects! He is also trying hard to keep up with Lara:
And then Dad kicked a rock while swimming in the sea and cut his heel, only Mo is unscathed. Pleased to say all are healing well, staying active and still jumping at the chance of any adventures.